Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Rimmel Good to Glow Highlighter | Review

I know, I haven't been around in a while, and by a while I mean a really, really long time. What's it been since we last spoke? A month? Actually just checked the date on my last post and it's been over a month! 
What? 
I will talk about why I've been away in a bit, in a later post once I get my ish together. However, I'm going to start off with a good, old-fashioned review. 

Strolling down the aisles of Boots I saw that they had these new highlighters, now, I don't think I actually own any liquid highlighters. So this is something completely new for me. 
This is Rimmel's Good to Glow liquid highlighter
It comes in three different colours, 001 Notting Hill Glow, is a beautiful white pearlised pink. 002 Piccadilly Glow is a gorgeous golden coral, and 003 Soho Glow is a pretty tanned gold. 
I was initially going to pick up all three, but to be honest, 001 was very similar to one of the colours in the Sleek Highlighter palette. And 003 wasn't really the right colour for my skin right now, not ruling out that I'll buy it this summer though! 
002 as mentioned before is a gorgeous summery coral/orange. Initially I was a little perplexed by the colour choice, white/pearls I get, and golds I get, but orange? So naturally that was the colour I had to go for! 
I am so glad I did! 

I am not really a huge fan of glittery blushes, because I feel like they stand out from the skin, and just look sparkly and chunky. Whereas, because Good to Glow is a liquid, it sinks well into the skin and gives a gorgeous, glowy look. But don't get me wrong, it is still very sparkly, just not really chunky. 
It smells pretty nice too, it doesn't have the foundation smell or the suncream smell. It's light and pleasant. GtG isn't hugely pigmented, which is a bit of a downfall as I feel like Rimmel really could have packed colour in as they are a gel formula. I wish it was more colourful, then you could have the option to put it on top, or underneath foundation. 
It's not a replacement for blush, but if you are like me and rarely wear blush with your makeup (rosacea - YAY!) this colour could be a good replacement. 
002 kills two birds with one stone in that way., but you could also use it over the top of a blush. 

I can see this looking good on camera, and really pretty in the summertime. I think I might pick up 003 later on in the year, as it'd give a nice golden glow to the skin. 
I've enjoyed using the Good to Glow and like the gel formula. However, I feel like it could be more pigmented, less sparkly and just brighter overall. 
At £4.99 I'm pretty happy with my purchase, and Rimmel's having a 3 for 2 in Boots right now, so if you want to pick this up...GO! 

Have you tried out the Good to Glow? Did you like it, or is there something else you prefer? 

DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN FOLLOW ME ON BLOGLOVIN'? 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...