Monday, 25 May 2015

Review | Kat Von D Studded Kiss Lipstick | Wolvesmouth

Kat Von D's makeup range is something I've wanted to get my hands on for a long, long time. Unfortunately, it's only sold in Sephora. If you are a UK based makeup fan, you'll know Sephora doesn't exist here in the UK, no matter how much we cry and beg for one. 
Therefore getting one's sticky mitts on anything from Kat Von D's line is a straight up pain in the ass! There are so many things I want that I cannot have, and that is infuriating. 

However after searching like a mad person I finally stumbled upon Roses Beauty Store, a shop that sells US brands to us in the UK.
And they sell Kat Von D, albeight at extremely high prices. I picked up Wolvesmouth for £26.99 ouch. 
The packaging is the bomb, literally it's probably some of the coolest packaging to come out of the makeup industry. The top has Kat's KVD seal, and the sides are studded. It's shiny black plastic, which means its really easy to clean, however it does carry fingerprints if you look up close. The packaging is sturdy, and doesn't feel cheap. 
I like that Kat's seal is also engraved into the actual lipstick. You get 3g of lipstick, which is the same as MAC lippies. I guess this makes the price even higher, they are over £10 more expensive than MAC lipsticks, again OUCH! 
Wolvesmouth is a gorgeous purple burgundy with pink and blue shimmer. For some reason when it's coming up to summer, I'm constantly drawn to shimmery and metallic lipsticks. Don't know why. 
Left - One swipe 
Right - Several swipes
Top - With flash
Bottom - Without
In the sunlight this looks super metallic and shiny, but indoors in looks like a really dimensional purple red lipstick. Scent-wise it smells a little like MAC bit is much less scented, so for people who don't favour the strong vanilla/lipstick scent of MAC, this could be a good alternative. It feels silky and smooth on the lips, and lasts for a pretty good time, about 3 hours before touch-ups. Please remember I lick and bite my lips A LOT, so it'll probably last longer for you if you don't have these nervous ticks. 
I absolutely love how it looks on, but think I might have to put it away until the Autumn, or if I'm feeling a little gothy at some point this summer. It's a little dark. 
I like the colour, the texture and the lasting time. The packaging is awesome, and I can't wait to see the super secret Christmas colours! But, price-wise it's pretty expensive, you can order from the Sephora website now, but again, that's pretty expensive to get shipped here. I guess you could share an order with a couple of friends to split the cost? 
I definitely want to get my hands on Gothica, but will have to save up for it again. 
SEPHORA, WE WANT ONE IN THE UK!!!!! 

Which lipstick would you want to try from Kat's line? Which is your favourite metallic lipstick? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...