Tuesday, 9 September 2014

Sleek Matte Me Lip Creams | Birthday Suit & Fandango Purple | First Impressions & Review

I've bought quite a few higher-end products recently, and have decided that it's time to invest in some more affordable products. I want to do more high-street based tutorials on my channel, and want to expand my colour collection! 
Naturally what I want to expand the most is my lip products collection, as I have a decent amount of high-street eyeshadows, blushes etc. 
I was immediately drawn to Sleek, one of my favourite YouTubers, Cherry Wallis uses a lot of their products, and I really love the packaging. Y'all know I love nice, sleek packaging! Also Chloe recently reviewed one of their lipstick palettes, and I guess the brand just keeps calling to me! 
A few things caught my eye at the Sleek booth, but I decided to get the Matte Me Lip Creams and some of the Gloss Me Lip Glosses. They had such wonderful colours, colours that you'd rarely see on the high-street, even these days. 
As I already said, I really like the packaging. It's smooth and sleek, and feels nice and good quality. The bottom half that contains the product is clear, hard plastic and the top is a smooth matte black plastic. 
I got the colours Fandango Purple and Birthday Suit, a beautiful bright fuchsia purple and a brown nude. 
 Fandango Purple is a gorgeous fuchsia purple, if that's a colour? It's more on the pinky bright side of purple than a true royal purple, which makes it unlike anything else that I own. 
I've wanted a brown nude for a while, I'm much more a fan of the darker browny nudes, to the completely concealed lips nude (unless it's under a gorgeous sparkly gold gloss!). This is the perfect brown nude for my skin! 
- TOP : Fandango Purple - BOTTOM : Birthday Suit -
Both of them are absolutely lovely colours, although I don't get as much wear out of these as I do with a matte MAC lipstick, they have a good two-hours wear time. Unlike the MUA matte lip creams, they don't flake at the centre of the lips, they sort of wear away. The swatches above aren't completely dry. Below is what Birthday Suit looks like, once set on the lips. They are very opaque, the swatches above are just one swipe each!
I didn't find it moisturising nor drying which I thought was quite pleasant, and you can lick your lips as much as you like with little wear. They do however become a little shinier after a couple of hours, with a little wear in the centre of the lips but otherwise, I'm really happy with these! (I'll add a lip swatch of FP when I get the chance to photograph it!) 
I'd rate these:
7/10
I really do like them, and I like them a little more than the NYX Matte Lip Creams, as they are opaque in one swipe, which is pretty good. You can apply more layers, but you really don't need to. 

2 comments:

  1. Good day. I was very impressed with your wonderful article. I hope you can write more and inspire a lot of people . You can also visit my site if you have time. Thank you and Bless you always.

    triciajoy.com

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading your article is such a privilege. It does inspire me, I hope that you can share more positive thoughts. Visit my site too. The link is posted below.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...