Monday, 3 February 2014

January - The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

"What the heck is this?" I hear you ask. It's a fancy 'Monthly Favourites' with some bad things and some really bad things thrown in for good measure. Karma. These will sometimes be beauty favourites, other times they will be other kinds of things, like YouTubers or movies! I'm keeping you on your toes! 

The Good
- Kat Sketch is probably one of my favourite YouTubers, she has a wonderful personality and is really down to earth. Definitely go check her out! 
- The movie 'Frozen' I LOVE this movie, the way it looks is just perfect, and Elsa and Anna are brilliant. I have to say that for me, Olaf steals the show, and there are some great twists in this movie. It's a nice change/addition to the Disney princesses. 
- OPI 'My Vampire is Buff' literally can't keep this polish off my nails this past couple of weeks...it calls to me! 
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' c'mon how was this NOT going to be in here? 
- Gaviscon: this stuff has literally saved my life this month. 
- Going to the cinema by myself, I surprisingly really enjoyed it.
- Going shopping by myself, I have to say I'm one of those people who LIKES going clothes shopping with my Mum. But I LOVE going accessories/movie/makeup shopping by myself, it's so peaceful and there's NO TIME CONSTRAINTS! 
- Maybelline Brow Drama: I now have eyebrows...hello Lily Collins. 
- Garnier: I've never tried their products before but what I've seen so far = Impressed. 
- 'The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones' I expected to hate this film, as Lily Collins is far from one of my favourite actresses and Jamie Campbell Bower is far from a favourite actor. But it was SO GOOD! I LOVE this movie...added bonus...Aidan Turner's in it. 
- LUSH's Curly Wurly shampoo (review soon).
-LUSH's solid shampoo bars, I MUST have more! 
- OPI Nail Envy base coat, the BEST base coat. It has helped my nails become so much stronger. 
- Nicole by OPI's Hayley Good Lookin' is the prettiest sparkly pink polish EVER! 
-Real Techniques' Expert Face Brush - yes please. 
-Bourjois Max Effect Volume Mascara...SO GOOD!

The Bad
- Ran out of Cucumber face wipes.
- Smudged about 15 manicures before sealing with a top coat. 
- Finished ALL the series' of Ab Fab and now have nothing to watch. 
- Have GORD. 
- Almost went out the in, in a multi-story mall car park...luckily no one saw.
- Put LUSH Ultrabland Cleanser on face, smells gross. 
- Don't think Benefit's It's Potent eye cream is working. 
- Have bad eyebrows. 
-Failed at becoming a vegetarian - Damn you moussaka! 

The Ugly
- Justin Bieber.
- I am putting myself on a spending ban for everything for the next month, so will be reviewing things I already have. Deal with it. 
- Room is still a dump.
-Got really sick again...damn my bad immune system.

1 comment:

  1. Great post---such a cute idea!! I seriously love going shopping alone!! And yes--Justin Beiber ughh, and sorry you got sick!--Oh and Nail Envy is the best isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...